Some needed improvements

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jul 7 21:59:05 CEST 2004

Vilts wrote:
> Hey
>
> First of all, I somehow need to know and show who are contacts for every
> host and I need to show these admin's email and pager addresses also. So
> I guess the best place for this info would be in 'Host' section under
> Host State Information. Has anyone done this before, or are there some
> reasons why this hasn't been done, or why it's not good idea?

I'm guessing noone has needed it bad enough to hack the gui source
before. The nagios core is more or less just a harvesting program with
capabilities of invoking certain commands when something happens, and
some very clever logic to not send notifications if certain other
criteria are met.

> When alarms occur, they need to be ack'ed by monitoring dept and they
> need to add commend like 'this error has been ack'ed and forwarded to A.
> Dmin'. How is most reasonable to do this? These ack messages need to be
> stored also.

Nagios supports acknowledgements and it will store the messages for you,
so that shouldn't be a problem.

> When error occurs and defined sound is played, it needs to be shut down
> when ack'ed. How can I do this?

I have no idea.

> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome.