Some needed improvements

Vilts nagios at marrandi.ee
Wed Jul 7 11:06:38 CEST 2004

Hey

We just started to use Nagios for our hosts and service monitoring and
well, the bosses are really happy about it, such a great tool :).

Before I start to hack in the code, I thought I ask some advice from you
guys about these improvements

First of all, I somehow need to know and show who are contacts for every
host and I need to show these admin's email and pager addresses also. So
I guess the best place for this info would be in 'Host' section under
Host State Information. Has anyone done this before, or are there some
reasons why this hasn't been done, or why it's not good idea?

When alarms occur, they need to be ack'ed by monitoring dept and they
need to add commend like 'this error has been ack'ed and forwarded to A.
Dmin'. How is most reasonable to do this? These ack messages need to be
stored also.

When error occurs and defined sound is played, it needs to be shut down
when ack'ed. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,
Viljo