COMPLETE: RFE(x2): Service Info/Notify Method On Level

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Sat May 31 00:24:15 CEST 2003

I've completed development on my requested two features against the 1.0 releast
codebase.  To recap:

SERVICE INFO:
This is a new server config entry called "full_description" which can store
freeform text, including html.  It just plops it in right above the service
comments.

NOTIFY METHOD:
This allows a service to say that it should only be notified via EMAIL or PAGER
or BOTH based upon the new state (ok, warn, crit, unknown).  If nothing is
specified for the service then the default BOTH is choosen (or p,e) which is
basically what we all know of today.

This is kind of cheap as it simply checks the notification command for the
$CONTACTPAGER$ or $CONTACTEMAIL$ entry in the raw_command string.  If it exists,
then it's considered that type of notification command (or both) and acts
accordingly on it.

NAGAT:
I'm not sure who's maintaining Nagat, but I encorporated these changes into the
1.0a2 release (that's what I had handy) including multiple bug fixes, sorting
inhancements, etc.

So, what's the best way to present these?  I was going to make patches for them
and just post them at my site if people are interested?

I'm still testing and such, but the meat of the work is done.

Thanks,

--
-bk