Support of Environmental systems to monitor, etc...

michel denis michel.denis at sun.com
Fri May 9 17:56:27 CEST 2003

Hello,

We would be interested in using NAGIOS in a mixed environment:
a) IT networks and their telecoms
b) environmental systems, such as monitoring:
  - doors open/close, and similar contacts on/off
  - fire/temperature (I saw there's one supported..)
  - security alarms
  - water levels
  - infrared detections of people passing by,...

Questions:
1. Can environmental systems, and their boards (like ComputerBoards and
BMC families), be easily supported ? How easy to write a plugin or addon
to support such systems ?

2. Can "reactions" be easily implemented like sending an alarm message
to a pager, sending commands to a door control equipment, starting a
siren, blocking a window,... ?

3. How easy is it to couple NAGIOS with an "expert system" to make
"intelligent" and complex alarms correlations and automation of
reactions ?

4. How customisable/extensible is NAGIOS regarding the user interface
and the functionality ?

Many thanks in advance for your responses !

Michel DENIS