Nagios Statistics

Daniel Henninger daniel at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:22:55 CET 2003

Folk,

I hope I'm not overlooking something in the documentation, but are there
any plans to enable a "reset statistics" command?  By this I mean, the
time_ok, time_warning, time_critical, and time_unknown values in the
database.  In some cases, it would be very helpful to be able to easily
reset those values to 0.  (for instance, if we've had a problem host that
was down 50% of the time, and just replaced it.. it might be nice to be
able to reset the stats at that point to get a real feel for the uptime of
the new host)  I didn't see anything in the docs for this.  I highly doubt
Nagios would be pleased with me if I just up and replaced the value out
from under it in MySQL.  (or maybe it would  I don't know)  If there isn't
functionality for this, I might be able to spend some time to add it if
there's any desire for this besides me.  ;)  (i'd like to be able to
trigger the reset via external commands)

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /