Problem with check_snmp plugin

Enrique Nogués nogort at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 09:38:39 CEST 2013

Dear Sr or Madam,

First at all, sorry for my english I hope we can understand us. Currently,
I am using a RB433AH routerBoard and clients routers, specifically, Groove
5Hn. And I would like to get to monitor the  clients  number that are
connecting on the different RB433AH that I have distributed.

For this task, I have chosen nagios core and, right now I have only got to
know the total clients number  that I have connected on the RB433AH.  But I
need to know more information like a MAC clients list. I have downloaded
the Mikrotik-MIB and I have installed on the right path. But I have a
problem when I try to ask the RB433AH with a specific OID, the device
answer an error with the OID.  But I think that It's not possible because I
got the OID through the MIB that is available on the mikrotik web.
Specifically, I use command snmptranslate and this command returned a
specific OID. Unfortunately, I have not got good  results the device when I
use the OID generated answer the OID no exists!!

For make that, I use the plugin on nagios check_snmp. And I try to
configure without OID specifics because I need to check all devices that
are connected on my RB433AH and when configure that failed. I think my
problem is that something I don't make well when configure the command. I
attached my configure plugin, it's possible is better for understand the
problem.

define service{
use generic-service ; Inherit values from a template
#hostgroup_name aps ; Apply to all our APs
host_name BASE
service_description    strength22235
check_command check_snmp!-C public2  -o 'ALL' -m 'ALL' -P 3 -L authPriv -U
$USER3$ -a SHA -A $USER4$ -x DES -X $USER5$

}

And the error is Error de orden externa: Undefined OBJECT-GROUP
(diffServMIBMultiFieldClfrGroup): At line 2195 in
/usr/share/mibs/ietf/IPSEC-SPD-MIB.

Finally,I hope you can understand me and If you could help me for me would
be a great news. Thank you so much  to read my email and your help.

I hope your reply , have a nice day!

Kind regards

--
Enrique