High Availabilty with Nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 10 10:57:28 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-09 11:50, Supporto Tecnico - Crazy Network wrote:
> I would be interested too, i'm actually using merlind for this right
> now, but i would like to dont have for example double notifications if a
> server goes down.. and i do want both nagios set for notify, since if
> one is down (for any reason) the other one should be able to check and
> notify and vice-versa....

Double notifications is a bug, unless you send passive checkresults to
both masters, in which case it's by design. Usually people want to solve
passive checks by arranging a single target ip or hostname to send to
and then add peered nodes at that tier as necessary, so as to not have
to send checkresults to multiple nodes from all the monitored machines.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.