Problem sending passive results using NSCA with multi-line output

Tech Support support at voipbusiness.us
Fri Mar 15 21:28:58 CET 2013

What I did in my PERL scripts to send the ETB is this:

my $ETB = "\027";
do stuff. Blah, blah, blah
$nsca_cmd .= "$nscahost\t$service\t$code\t$message$ETB";
my $retval = `$system /bin/echo -e "$nsca_cmd" | $nscaprog -H $nagioshost -c
$nscacfg`;

It seems to work fine for me even when I send hundreds of lines out output
in one single command.