nrpe errors when too many hosts

Aleksandr Miroslav alexmiroslav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 09:13:29 CEST 2013

hi,

We have nagios server that is working for long time.

We note recently when we add new hosts, all NRPE checks fail with:

Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing

However, the plugin is there and we know it run fine from command line.
Only when some new hosts added this happens.  When you take  new hosts
out,  errors go away.

We don't have too many hosts in our file, only about 250.

This problem is identical to the one find here:

http://readlist.com/lists/lists.sourceforge.net/nagios-users/5/29272.html

Alex