nagios backdoor

Kirill Bychkov kirill.bychkov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:31:13 CEST 2013

Hello list,

I am client of Hetzner Online (http://hetzner.de)
They are sent me email this following text (part):
=
At the end of last week, Hetzner technicians discovered a "backdoor" in one
of our internal monitoring systems (Nagios).

The malicious code used in the "backdoor" exclusively infects the RAM.
First
analysis suggests that the malicious code directly infiltrates running
Apache
and sshd processes. Here, the infection neither modifies the binaries of
the
service which has been compromised, nor does it restart the service which
has
been affected.
=
I wrote it just for information.