Nagios 3.5 incorrectly shows checks as being stale?

Erik Sejr eriks at ssimicro.com
Tue Jun 4 18:10:34 CEST 2013

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem i've run into since
upgrading from nagios 3.4.1 to nagios 3.5.0. The log pretty much speaks
for its self:

[1370361509] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;host-ldap;pLEASES;0;OK: 181 Total 119
Active 65% Used
[1370361511] PASSIVE SERVICE CHECK: host-ldap;pLEASES;0;OK: 181 Total
119 Active 65% Used
[1370361511] SERVICE ALERT: host-ldap;pLEASES;OK;SOFT;2;OK: 181 Total
119 Active 65% Used
[1370361521] Warning: The results of service 'pLEASES' on host
'host-ldap' are stale by 0d 0h 24m 4s (threshold=0d 0h 16m 0s).  I'm
forcing an immediate check of the service.

At 1370361509 A passive check comes in saying the service for this host
is good and everything is OK. 2 seconds later nagios sends alerts to
that effect. 10 seconds after that nagios says the results of the check
are stale by 24 minutes?!?! and does an active check.

Something is very wrong here. Is this a bug or did something else change
in 3.5.0 that I have overlooked?

Thanks,
Erik