new user and a nrpe question (really nrdp)

Sean Roe Sean.Roe at cnanational.com
Tue Jul 23 02:57:31 CEST 2013

Erggghhhh, I meant to say nrdp

Sean Roe
Linux Engineer

From: Sean Roe [Sean.Roe at cnanational.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:36 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] new user and a nrpe question

Hi All,

new subscriber to this list and I'm stuck.  I have been working with
nrpe for the better part of three weeks and I just cant seem to make it
work.  I have installed it and I can go to the web interface that comes
with it. I created a dummy check to test with on what of our servers.  I
can send stuff to the interface and I see it logged but I cant seem to
get it to make it into nagios itself.

on the server:
./send_nrdp.sh -u http://10.69.1.28/nrdp/ -t XXXXXX -H MLX70  -S 0
Sent 1 checks to http://10.69.1.28/nrdp/

I can see it getting into the apache server:
10.69.11.70 - - [22/Jul/2013:17:04:27 -0700] "POST /nrdp// HTTP/1.1" 200
170 "-" "curl/7.19.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7
NSS/3.13.1.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.2.2"

and after that it just dissappears. and Im not sure what to check or
where to go.  Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks,
Sean