Hey I was wondering about the check_ping from the newest stable plugins.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Aug 9 15:46:21 CEST 2013

I have compiled all nagios plugins many times but on the last time this
what happens:
nagios-plugins-1.4.16.tar.gz
I compile with no errors and then when nagios do a check it states:
CRITICAL - Network Unreachable (repo.ngtech.co.il)
while from command line linux ping everything works fine!
also I compiled my own script in ruby perl and python and all of them
are not stating anything about "Network Unreachable".

Is this a regression from older and newer versions of nagios_plugins??
Since they work at the same time I run my own script and it states the
everyting is OK which means 100% no packet loss I am a bit confused
about it.
How is it possible for the basic check_ping written in c to not work and
the scripting languages scripts to work fine?
it's not permissions since it states "Network Unreachable".
it's must be another issue either in nagios or the code somewhere.

Can anyone test it please and make sure that my assumptions are right?

Eliezer