Check_ipmi_sensor giving errors

Mario Garcia mariog at absi.be
Wed Aug 7 17:43:14 CEST 2013

Hello
I have configured several dell server to check the hardware via ipmi
as the servers are running esxi and it is not possible to install an
agent such as nrpe or check_mk

but after a couple of week I started receiving this kind of error
ipmi_ctx_open_outofband: BMC busy and the service return unknown for a
couple of minutes then back OK

I have read that it is because of cache and i should set SDR on
freeipmi but how to implement this on the plugin check_ipmi_sensors?

thank you for your help

Mario Garcia
ABSI SA
224 Bd de l'Humanité