Using "contacts" in host definition -- Bug ?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 27 21:58:08 CEST 2012

On 09/27/2012 02:37 PM, Frost, Mark {BIS} wrote:

> [...]

Well, disabling object inheritance completely is pretty simple. Doing
it on a per-variable basis is less so.

I'm on the fence with this. On the one hand I really don't care what
the default is. On the other hand I really don't want bugreports from
people who're relying on that feature and suddenly realize it's gone
missing.

As a workaround for your particular case, you could specify a catch-all
service template which other service templates reference, where you set
contactgroups and contacts to something that doesn't exist. That way
you'll get your error and I can dodge bugreports ;)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.