NRPE: Unable to read output; but works when run under strace ...

Florian Ernst florian_ernst at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 11:07:56 CEST 2012

Hello John / Tech Support,

thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay in answering.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 03:10:13PM -0400, Tech Support wrote:
>     Whenever I've had a problem with a plugin, and was trying to figure out
> what was going on, I've had 100% success using a little PERL script called
> capture-plugin.pl that I found. You can find it here:
> http://www.waggy.at/nagios/capture_plugin.htm. You should check it out. It's
> genius is in its simplicity.

Well, it helps debugging plugin weirdness, but my problem lies with
NRPE: a check doesn't work when TTBOMK it should work, and it actually
works as desired when I strace the NRPE process.
At the moment I see no plugin to debug, but thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Flo