Host seemingly not following escalation rules

Daniel Ceola DCeola at twgi.net
Tue Oct 9 15:33:56 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I have a number of host objects that are sending notifications continuously (down notification every half hour for the duration of the outage), and aren't following my host escalation rules that are defined for the group.  I've looked at my config files and can't seem to locate whatever is causing the set of hosts to not follow the escalation rules.  It is a group of sites that are all members of the same host group, and use the same template.

Below are the bits of config info pertaining to one individual host, it's template, contact group, host escalation and host group.  If anyone could take a glance at it, to see if I'm missing something on why this set of hosts isn't following my escalation rules; or if you could point me towards something else that I need to look at, that'd be awesome. (for what it's worth, all of my other host escalation rules are working fine; it's just this group of hosts that don't seem to like following the rules that are screwing with me).

define host {
        use             cstore,host-pnp
        host_name       7608_Madeup_Avenue_Shell_Router
        alias           7608_Madeup_Avenue_Shell_Router
        address         10.6.8.31
        hostgroups      CStore-Sites
}

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  CStore-Sites
        }

define host{
        name                    cstore
        use                     generic-switch
        notification_period     workhours
        contact_groups          cstore_contacts
        register                0
        icon_image              cstore.png
        statusmap_image         cstore.gd2
        notification_options    d,r
}

define host{
        name                    generic-switch
        use                     generic-host
        check_period            24x7
        check_interval          5
        retry_interval          1
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_command           check-host-alive
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_interval   30
        notification_options    d,r
        contact_groups          admins