need testers for latest check_netint (especially those using --cisco and --STP options)

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Mon Nov 19 19:21:50 CET 2012

Hey y'all nagios guys and gals,

I need some testers for newest version of check_netint.pl (previously known
as check_snmp_netint and originally check_smp_int) since I made a bunch of
code updates this weekend. And I'm running cloud environment and can not
quickly test --cisco and --stp options. If you're using this plugin with
cisco switches and using these options, please get the latest dev (2.4a8)
and see if it works as before:
  https://github.com/willixix/WL-NagiosPlugins/blob/dev/check_netint.pl

Also those who've been pitching me to support 48+ port switches with one
check, I added --bulk_snmp_queries option. You can test if that made things
faster. I'm actually not sure if it would, because the plugin does does not
do get_next on a tree which is what bulk query is supposed to speed up.

Lastly this plugin now supports checking interfaces on a local linux
machine instead of just SNNP. Feel free to test this as well. And if you
are using FreeBSD or Solaris or some other unix, please consider helping
out with a code to support your platform.

Send all comments/issues/reports to my private email.

Thanks,

William