Nagios implied and additive inheritance

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Tue Mar 27 18:35:26 CEST 2012

On 3/26/2012 1:11 PM, Chris Beattie wrote:

> I couldn't get it to work that way, either.  Instead, I defined a
> service escalation that activates on the first notification.  Something
> like this might work:
>
> define serviceescalation {
> 	host_name		linux-server
> 	service_description	1_proc_sshd
> 	contact_groups		management
> 	first_notification	1
> 	last_notification	0
> 	escalation_options	w,c,r
> }
>
> I assign services to hosts with hostgroups, so I have a hostgroup_name
> in my escalation definition instead of just a host_name.

We do something similar, but recently found that
'first_notification_delay' on hosts and services is not honored when you
handle notifications this way.  Really doesn't seem like it makes sense,
so I imagine it is just a bug.  Worked around it by having a null target
for the first escalation.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC (http://www.willingminds.com)

** For faster support response time, please
** email support at willingminds.com or call 714-495-4000