notes field missing in hostgroups table in ndoutils

K.Morgan at iaea.org K.Morgan at iaea.org
Mon Mar 19 08:56:36 CET 2012

I am trying to build a custom component for nagios and I need to access the "notes" field from the hostgroup definitions, but when I make a backend call to the function get_xml_hostgroup_objects($args=null) found in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/utils-objects.inc.php, the notes field is not returned.  I tried to modify the code to request the notes field, but the result was always blank.  Upon further inspection I found that the notes field does not appear to even make it into the ndoutils database at all (see copy of mysql output below).

Is there a way I can reconfigure nagios to put that information in the database for later retrieval?

mysql> use nagios;

Database changed
mysql> desc nagios_hostgroups;
+---------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field               | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+---------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| hostgroup_id        | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| instance_id         | smallint(6)  | NO   | MUL | 0       |                |
| config_type         | smallint(6)  | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| hostgroup_object_id | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| alias               | varchar(255) | NO   |     |         |                |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

--
Keith S. Morgan
Remote Monitoring Unit

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.