monitoring batch jobs

Marki jm+nagios-users at roth.lu
Fri Mar 9 09:40:17 CET 2012

Hey there,

is there a recommended way of monitoring batch jobs when the only kind-of log
available are mails sent by each part of the job?

In that case one should also find out if a certain mail was NOT sent, i.e. has
not arrived in a certain timeperiod.

While all of this is somehow scriptable, I thought I would ask first if there
exists something to build such a solution upon...

Thanks

marki