nagios ndoutils problem

Mark Young mark at zarzax.com
Sun Mar 4 00:38:14 CET 2012

You really need to give more details with your message.  But it seems you are running the latest NDOUtils version 1.5 and having some of the same problems I was having.  This is related to the latest update that adds asynchronous database queries.  Read about the patch here http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Patches/NDOUtils/ndoutils-2Dasync/details.  The problem is that NDOUtils is filling up the message queue before it has a chance to read the messages back.

You will need to increase the kernel message queue parameters for your system.  I do not know the 'optimal' parameters for your system.   But in my case I increased my parameters substancially (in /etc/sysctl.conf and applied by `/sbin/sysctl -p`) to:
kernel.msgmax = 131072000
kernel.msgmnb = 131072000
kernel.msgmni = 65536000

I learned about message queue parameters from this IBM site http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc%2Fdoc%2Ft0008238.htm.