Looking for a good to great book for Nagios

Mike Guthrie mguthrie at nagios.com
Thu Mar 1 16:20:06 CET 2012

Hi Robert,

I got started with Nagios Core using the following book, which I felt
was pretty straight forward, but this would be more of a "getting
started" book:
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Nagios-3-0-Wojciech-Kocjan/dp/1847195180/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330614890&sr=8-1

Although the absolute best resource I know of for Nagios are the manuals
that come with our training partner's Nagios Training.  Obviously this
is more expensive than just buying a book, but it's more interactive and
would pretty much equip you to be able to do whatever you ever needed to
do with Nagios.  The manuals give lots of examples of how to actually do
everything, as well as concepts.
http://spidertools.com/nagios.php

--

Mike Guthrie