alert RSS feed possible?

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Fri Jul 27 19:29:21 CEST 2012

Ah, thank you! After I saw the name of the attachment, I could even
find your posting from 2009 (28th of July, BTW, so my question was one
day too early) :-)

We may just replace our notify-host and notify-service commands
accordingly, since I want every message to pop up in the feed.

Maybe I just write a shell script that does the standard procedure we
use now plus the RSS announcement afterwards. The command line will be
quite long otherways ;-)

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Werner

MAD [27.07.2012 14:35]:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote this a long time ago, so it can clearly be improved.
>
> Create a Nagios commands called notify-host-rss and
> notify-service-rss like this :
>
> defined command { command_name notify-host-rss command_line
> $USER1$/notification_rss.pl -n '$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$' -H "$HOSTNAME$"
> -e $HOSTSTATE$ -o "$HOSTOUTPUT$" -m 30 -f '$CONTACTEMAIL$' }
>
> defined command { command_name notify-service-rss command_line
> $USER1$/notification_rss.pl -n '$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$' -H "$HOSTNAME$"
> -s "$SERVICEDESC$" -e $SERVICESTATE$ -o "$SERVICEOUTPUT$" -m 30 -f
> '$CONTACTEMAIL$' }
>
> And define a contact called RSS with the path to the RSS file on
> your system as its email. Something like define contact { ...
> contact_name    RSS email    /var/www/html/rss/nagios.rss
> host_notification_commands notify-host-rss
> service_notification_commands notify-service-rss ... }
>
> Associate your RSS contact to whatever hosts/services you want and
>  reload your Nagios.
>

> On 07/27/2012 01:42 PM, Werner Flamme wrote: Hi,
>
> I just wonder if it is possible to show f. e. current CRITICAL
> results in an RSS feed. Is there any possibility that a nagios 3.x
> server provides a newsfeed?
>
> Maybe every sent notification can be forwarded to this feed?
>
> TIA Werner

Live Security Virtual Conference
>> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security
>> and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>> Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and
>> the latest in malware threats.
>> http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
>> Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
>> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will
>> risk being sent to /dev/null

Live Security Virtual Conference
>>  threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>> Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and
>> the latest in malware threats.
>> http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

>> Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
>> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will
>> risk being sent to /dev/null

- --
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Permoserstr. 15 - 04318 Leipzig / Germany
Tel./phone: +49 341 235-1921 - Fax +49 341 235-451921
Information nach §§ 37a HGB, 35a GmbHG:
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, Handelsregister Nr. B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
(Scientific Managing Director)
Administrative Geschäftsführerin: Dr. Heike Graßmann
(Administrative Managing Director)