alert RSS feed possible?

MAD mad at b-care.net
Fri Jul 27 14:35:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

I wrote this a long time ago, so it can clearly be improved.

Create a Nagios commands called notify-host-rss and notify-service-rss
like this :

defined command {
command_name notify-host-rss
command_line $USER1$/notification_rss.pl -n '$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$' -H
"$HOSTNAME$" -e $HOSTSTATE$ -o "$HOSTOUTPUT$" -m 30 -f '$CONTACTEMAIL$'
}

defined command {
command_name notify-service-rss
command_line $USER1$/notification_rss.pl -n '$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$' -H
"$HOSTNAME$" -s "$SERVICEDESC$" -e $SERVICESTATE$ -o "$SERVICEOUTPUT$"
-m 30 -f '$CONTACTEMAIL$'
}

And define a contact called RSS with the path to the RSS file on your
system as its email. Something like
define contact {
contact_name    RSS
email    /var/www/html/rss/nagios.rss
host_notification_commands notify-host-rss
service_notification_commands notify-service-rss
}

Associate your RSS contact to whatever hosts/services you want and
reload your Nagios.