Different notification intervals for WARNING and CRITICAL

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jan 30 17:47:17 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 05:18 PM, John Kennedy wrote:
> I have tried to Google and look at docs but think my brain is
> deserting me...I am relatively new to Nagios, very new to
> GroundWork.
>
> Is it possible to set up a plugin to send email at different
> intervals for warning and critical alerts. For example, a file system
> is 90% full, triggering a WARNING email. Since there is still time, I
> would like this email every hour. Once the filesystem is 95% full,
> triggering a CRITICAL email, I would like the notification sent every
> 10 minutes.

Will you look at your mail more often if you get one new mail every 10
minutes, or do you expect your admins to react faster if you present
them with buggerware?

I think I know one or two installations where they've really sat down
and thought about it and then figured out that more than one notification
to the same person per problem is what they need.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.