I cant get notifications for service alerts

Andrew Thompson andrew at fulgent.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 18:14:42 CET 2012

Hi all,

I have just setup Nagios to monitor the diskspace on my servers.

Nagios works fine monitoring and reporting diskspace but I cant get the notifications to work properly.

I also ping all my servers and the PING checks I have send me host alerts to say UP or DOWN but I have disabled service alerts as I don't want them for the PING check.

So I thought I would so the reverse and setup the disk check commands and disable host alerts and just have service alerts for when said server goes over the critical disk space limit I have sent.

Problem is no service alerts get sent out no matter how long the host is in critical state!

If I enable host and service alerts for the disk check command I get host alerts to say that the host is DOWN (which it isn't its CRITICAL)

My test disk_check config file is located at the below link, thought it be best to provide the whole lot rather than snippets.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/895609/disk_space_test.cfg

Can anybody explain why I don't get any service alerts when the host goes CRITICAL and how I can get them please without having host alerts enabled as I don't want them for my disk check commands

Thankyou in advance