Using display_name in a Host Definition

Ben Short ben at benshort.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:59:20 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use the display_name param in my host definitions. But
it's not being used as the host name in the Nagios website.

I know that the document website [1] says 'Note: The current CGIs do
not use this option, although future versions of the web interface
will.' but I have found a bug [2] that has been marked as fixed. Did
this bug make it into Nagios Core?

I'm running Nagios® Core™ Version 3.3.1.

Regards

Ben

[1] http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#host
[2] https://dev.icinga.org/issues/307