WMI and user account

Yancy Ribbens yribbens at nagios.com
Mon Feb 27 21:47:14 CET 2012

Marc-André,

The Windows account to access WMI doesn't need to be an Admin account.

To use a limited account, that account must be granted access to Windows DCOM, as well as the
relevant WMI class (CIMV2 most likely)

step by step instructions here:
http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/docs/Monitoring_Windows_Using_WMI.pdf

Regards,