nagios plugins output strings

DENNY, MICHAEL md2610 at att.com
Thu Feb 23 17:44:45 CET 2012

Hey, thanks.

Got a question:  Is the possible output strings for the plugins listed anywhere?  Or are there examples of the output from each plugin somewhere?  I'm looking thru the c files but it is slow going.  For example, in reading check_disk.c , the output is basically this format:

DISK [OK|WARNING|CRITICAL|UNKNOWN][preamble] output | perf

So, I'm in the process of flesh this out with what would be in the preamble, output, and perf (with the intent to document some guidance for our ops team for the various results that the plugins produce).

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Denny | Principal Member of the Technical Staff, | md2610 at att.com<mailto:md2610 at att.com>
AT&T Services Inc., an AT&T Co. | 725 W. Peachtree St. N.E. | Atlanta | GA | 30308
"The only way to do this stuff right is just go out there and do it.  and, that's what we've learned" - Brady Murray, Eucalyptus, July 21, 2011

This email and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 404-986-0744 and delete this message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.