Warning: Duplicate definition found for service 'XXXX' on host 'YYYY'

Andrew Thompson andrew at fulgent.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 12:17:51 CET 2012

Nagios Users,

Im trying to restructure my Nagios to make the web interface easier to read.

My test servers.cfg file is thus:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/895609/office_servers.cfg

When I test my config I get:
Warning: Duplicate definition found for service 'XXXX' on host 'YYYY'

And when I look at my Nagios Web Interface every host is getting the same checks.

Can be seen at http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/thomo123/Nagios/nagios.jpg

SERVER1 needs just  PING, UPTIME and C:\ DISKSPACE
SERVER2 is correct in the services listed it needs
SERVER3 needs just  PING, UPTIME and C:\ DISKSPACE

I have looked at the Nagios cheats page http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objecttricks.html
But I cant use any of these as the -w and -c values for the x:\DISKSPACE percentages vary server to server

How can I sort this out please? I have tried everything that my Nagios knowledge has provided me and im stuck.

Thankyou in advance