service dependency mapping in nagios

Manish_Kmr Manish_Kmr at mahindrasatyam.com
Tue Feb 7 12:22:05 CET 2012

Hi List,

I have defined a service dependency of a service of a host to the other service of the same host. What I want is like if the parent service goes critical, the dependent service should automatically go to critical without doing any check. Is it possible to force state change of the dependent service based on its parent service in nagios. What I have read from Nagios docs is that it is service dependency will only help in avoiding active checks and to suppress notification for the dependent host/service.

Thanks,
Manish Kumar
Open Source Tools Team, IMS, Mahindra Satyam
Mob: +919035435306

DISCLAIMER: