sms notifications

FTL Nagios ftlnagios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:32:36 CET 2012

Hi Marco

I use a Nokia 6021 mobile phone hooked up via USB using the gammu software,
and I write all my sms alerts to a MYSQL database, an sms daemon then scans
the database and sends out any that are in the outbox table through the
connected mobile phone.

I have tested this with 243 sms alerts all going out at the same time
(killed a VPN link) and it worked flawlessly (although did take approx. 15
minutes to send all alerts)

Hope this is helpful