monitoring oracle grid

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at jokefire.com
Fri Apr 13 04:11:16 CEST 2012

hello list,

 We've been monitoring our Oracle Database using a plugin called 'check_oracle'. It's proven quite handy in getting the sizes of tablespaces and alerting based on percentages of space used.

 However the DBAs point out that the database is very dynamic and that tablespaces are always being added and removed. It seems like they don't want to notify us each time this happens. Keeping on top of them to do this is a pain.

 They've just installed Oracle Grid and suggested we use nagios to monitor that instead. I've never seen or used Oracle Grid so I was hoping someone out there with a little more knowledge than me on the topic might have some suggestions on how to accomplish this.

 Are there any plugins already out there that are written to take information from the oracle grid and parse that for use in nagios?

Thanks
Tim