performance data configuration doubts

ranjib dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 18:14:47 CEST 2012

hi andy ,
passive check submissions via nsca can include perf data, theres no
restriction on that.
Though most of the plugins supports perf data, some of them dont. The
example you have mentioned, do return perf data.

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping -H 8.8.8.8 -w 15,2% -c 20,5%
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 12.28
ms|rta=12.284000ms;15.000000;20.000000;0.000000 pl=0%;2;5;0

however this one dont have explicit flags for disabling/enabling perf data,
it always returns perfdata (which is fine i think). But some of the plugins
do support additional flags to enable/disable perfdata output.

most of the standard plugins(except few) do support perfdata, they can
ignore it, as its not mandatory. For more on the perfdata format

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN201

hope this help,
regards
ranjib