performance data configuration doubts

asmith at dms.cat asmith at dms.cat
Sun Apr 8 17:28:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

   I'd like to be able to log performance data from Nagios but I have
a couple of doubts.

First and most fundamental, will I be able to use the normal Nagios
perfdata support with passive NSCA clients?

Secondly, I have been reading the documentation, ie
http://nagios.manubulon.com/traduction/docs14en/perfdata.html

And it says that a plugin must return additional data after a pipe "|"
sign for Nagios to accept any perforamnce data from that plugin. I was
having a look at the standard plugins and they don't seem to have any
support for performance data, ie:

# ./check_ping
check_ping: Could not parse arguments
Usage:
  [-p packets] [-t timeout] [-4|-6]

There is no option to enable performance data in the plugin output. Am
I getting this wrong or do none of the standard plugins allow any
performance data capture?

thanks in advance! Andy.