check_openmanage: OOPS! Something is wrong...

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Wed Sep 28 10:43:36 CEST 2011

Lois Garcia <lois at rockyou.com> writes:

> Thank you, Trond! It looks like a power supply problem. I will take the issue
> to Dell:
>
> C:\Users\Administrator>omreport system
> Health
>
> SEVERITY : COMPONENT
> Critical : Main System Chassis
>

> C:\Users\Administrator>omreport chassis
> Health
>
> Main System Chassis
>
> SEVERITY : COMPONENT
> Ok       : Fans
> Ok       : Intrusion
> Ok       : Memory
> Critical : Power Supplies
> Ok       : Power Management
> Ok       : Processors
> Ok       : Temperatures
> Ok       : Voltages
> Ok       : Hardware Log
> Ok       : Batteries

Hmm... there is obviously something amiss with the power supplies, but
the plugin didn't catch it. I'd like to know why. Can you provide the
output from:

  omreport chassis pwrsupplies -fmt ssv

This is the command that the plugin runs to get the status of the power
supplies.

> Thank you also for putting such a great plugin into the
> community. Without it, monitoring the few Windows machines in our all
> Linux environment would have been a chore I don't care to contemplate.

Thank you, glad you like it :)

> I don't see a donation link on your website at http://folk.uio.no/trondham/
> software/check_openmanage.html - ?

No, there is no donation link, the thought never crossed my mind. I have
benefitted enormously (personally and professionally) from free and open
source software for many years. This is just my way of giving back.
Besides, I've found that creating and maintaining open source software
is by itself rewarding, in many different ways.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo