Historical Reports

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Sep 20 14:21:50 CEST 2011

On 20 September 2011 01:16, Samuel Kidman <Samuel.Kidman at panres.com> wrote:
> The only gripe I have with it is the graphs are rarely ever up-to-date
> when you get them- you're always about 5-10 minutes behind. It would be
> nice if there was a way of triggering the  databases to be updated and
> graphs to be drawn in their most up-to-date form as soon as they are
> requested.

You might need to look at some of the many ways you can speed up
PNP4Nagios processing.  I agree the graphs aren't updated instantly
but 10-20 seconds should be a more typical time to wait for the graph
to be updated, not 5-10 minutes even in a fairly large Nagios system.

At the most basic level, how often Nagios will process performance
data determined by these two directives in nagios.cfg:

# HOST AND SERVICE PERFORMANCE DATA FILE PROCESSING INTERVAL
# These options determine how often (in seconds) the host and service
# performance data files are processed using the commands defined
# below.  A value of 0 indicates the files should not be periodically
# processed.

host_perfdata_file_processing_interval=15
service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=10