Perfdata not showing up

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 13:56:22 CEST 2011

On 15/09/11 09:32, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 09/14/2011 05:13 PM, Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using nagios with pnp4nagios to graph my performance data. When a
>> plugin returns performance data, it automatically get graphed. However,
>> one of my plugins isn't getting graphed.
>>
>> I'm aware that this is quite a large amount of perfdata being returned
>> (pool use for lots of pools on a DHCP server) but is there anything
>> wrong with this output?
>>
>> [jg4461 at dhcp1 ~]$ /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_dhcpd_pools
>> OK - all pools less than 80% full | resnet-wireless-652=0.983%;80%;90%,
>> resnet-wireless-653=1.377%;80%;90%, resnet-wireless-654=1.180%;80%;90%,
>
> Skip the commas and it should be ok. One possible issue could be if
> you're using NRPE to run the checks for this, as NRPE will limit the
> output to 1024 chars, so Nagios (and also PNP) will receive damaged
> perfdata.

I am using NRPE to return the data, but the perfdata is <1024 chars.
This may not always be the case though, so I will look at using
check_by_ssh.

It seems that my perfdata format works with commas or semicolons, but
the root cause of my problems was a corrupt RRD database, as in this post:

http://www.nagios-portal.org/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=65384&l=2

The suggested fix worked, and now I have millions of graphs of my DHCP
pools :)

Thanks for your help,
Jonathan