Perfdata not showing up

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 15 10:32:31 CEST 2011

On 09/14/2011 05:13 PM, Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using nagios with pnp4nagios to graph my performance data. When a
> plugin returns performance data, it automatically get graphed. However,
> one of my plugins isn't getting graphed.
>
> I'm aware that this is quite a large amount of perfdata being returned
> (pool use for lots of pools on a DHCP server) but is there anything
> wrong with this output?
>
> [jg4461 at dhcp1 ~]$ /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_dhcpd_pools
> OK - all pools less than 80% full | resnet-wireless-652=0.983%;80%;90%,
> resnet-wireless-653=1.377%;80%;90%, resnet-wireless-654=1.180%;80%;90%,

Skip the commas and it should be ok. One possible issue could be if
you're using NRPE to run the checks for this, as NRPE will limit the
output to 1024 chars, so Nagios (and also PNP) will receive damaged
perfdata.

> As I understand it, it should be in a format like:
>
> title1=value1;warning1;critical1, title2=value2;warning2;critical2

Try

title1=value1;warning1;critical1;; title2=value2;warning2;critical2;;

or

title1=value1;warning1;critical title2=value2;warning2;critical2

> I've tried using semicolons and commas to separate the different pieces
> of data being returned, neither worked. This plugins works normally
> aside from not graphing - Nagios shows the status and the return code.
>
> Any ideas?

If it's NRPE that's giving you issues, try running the check over SSH.
If you already are, updating the perfdata to a correct format should
work.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.