Availability Reports

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes at selbetti.com.br
Thu Sep 8 15:32:36 CEST 2011

Hi buddies..

That's my first post.

I'm beat confused about Availability Reports from Nagios...

I have some hosts that performer passive checks, was setting up like that:

define host {
        host_name                       SERVER-01
        alias                          	SERVER-01
        address                         0.0.0.0
        max_check_attempts              15
        check_interval                  1
        retry_interval                  1
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler                   notify-service-by-email
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        contacts                        Administradores
        contact_groups                  admins
#       notification_interval           30
#       notification_period             24x7
#       notification_options            d
#       notifications_enabled           1
        icon_image                      win7logo.png
        register                        1

        }

And, the services was setting up like:

define service {
        host_name                       SERVER-01
        service_description             Spooler-Service
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_freshness                 1
        freshness_threshold             300
        check_command                   no-return
        max_check_attempts              5
        check_interval                  5
        retry_interval                  2
        check_period                    24x7
        event_handler                   notify-service-by-email
        event_handler_enabled           1
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,c
        notifications_enabled           1
        contacts                        Administradores
        contact_groups                  admins
        register                        1

        }

The no-return check_command, sound like that:
define command {
       command_name                             no-return
       command_line                             $USER1$/no-return $HOSTNAME$

}

In that script, no-return, I add this content:

#!/bin/bash

echo "CRITICAL: No return from NC_Net Client"

exit 2

NC_Net is a app that I have installed on remote server.

This app send passive check, through nsca connection.

But, when I attempt take some Availability Report, the report show useless
information...

My question is: There's some way to improve this report??

Sorry bad english and long post....

I hope someone can help with this...

Thanks a lot

--