Notifications for Services that are "Up"

Michael Loiselle mloiselle at chan-nh.org
Fri Sep 2 16:59:11 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am currently running Nagios 3.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 and everything is working great.  I am monitoring 30 Windows servers with NSClient++, and that is working as well.  Is it possible to receive a notification for a specific service that is in the "up" position?  In other words, I would like to get a notification every 4 hours, confirming that a service is actually running.  If it stops on Friday evening, I do not want to wait until Monday morning to find out it is not running.  I would personally rather receive a message every four hours.  Notifications are currently set up and working flawlessly, so I just need to know what I need to change in the config files to get this to work.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.