Problem accessing the status map page

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Oct 20 19:25:47 CEST 2011

Hi there --

This e-mail is sort of a sequel to a previous e-mail that I posted about a
similar issue. The Nagios server'
is the 3.2.0 release on an Ubuntu LTS 10.04 32-bit system. I am able to access
the web interface of the
server, but one page of the interface, Status Map, returns an Internal Server
Error message.

As part of the troubleshooting process, I ran the statusmap.cgi file as root
from a terminal prompt. The output
of the command is shown below:

./statusmap.cgi: symbol lookup error: ./statusmap.cgi: undefined symbol:
gdImageCreateFromJpeg

I checked for the presence of the gd libraries on the server, and the packages
that are installed are the following:

libgd-gd2-perl 2.39-2build1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=gd&package=libgd%2Dg
d2%2Dperl&version=2%2E39%2D2build1> 	 			K-O	 Perl
module wrapper for libgd - gd2 variant
libgd2-xpm 2.0.36~rc1~dfsg-3.1ubuntu1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=gd&package=libgd2%2D
xpm&version=2%2E0%2E36%7Erc1%7Edfsg%2D3%2E1ubuntu1> 	 		K-O
GD Graphics Library version 2
libgd2-xpm-dev 2.0.36~rc1~dfsg-3.1ubuntu1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=gd&package=libgd2%2D
xpm%2Ddev&version=2%2E0%2E36%7Erc1%7Edfsg%2D3%2E1ubuntu1> 	 	K-O
GD Graphics Library version 2 (development version)
libgdbm3 1.8.3-9
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=gd&package=libgdbm3&
version=1%2E8%2E3%2D9> 	 				K-O	 GNU dbm
database routines (runtime version)
php5-gd 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.10
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=gd&package=php5%2Dgd
&version=5%2E3%2E2%2D1ubuntu4%2E10> 	 			P-T	 GD
module for php5

I did a similar check for the jpeg libraries on the server, and the packages
shown below have been installed on the system:

libjpeg62 6b-15ubuntu1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=jpeg&package=libjpeg
62&version=6b%2D15ubuntu1> 	 				K-O	 The
Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
libjpeg62-dbg 6b-15ubuntu1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=jpeg&package=libjpeg
62%2Ddbg&version=6b%2D15ubuntu1> 	 			K-O
Development files for the IJG JPEG library
libjpeg62-dev 6b-15ubuntu1
<https://132.183.12.140:12321/software/edit_pack.cgi?search=jpeg&package=libjpeg
62%2Ddev&version=6b%2D15ubuntu1> 	 			K-O
Development files for the IJG JPEG library

Are there any packages and/or libraries that I need to install on the server to
get past this issue?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.