Monitoring clamd.amavisd

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:13:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> I'm checking remote clamd.amavisd processes using check_clamd & nrpe via
>> the following:
>>
>> On the remote servers in /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg:
>>
>> command[check_clamd]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_clamd -H
>> /var/run/clamd/clamd.sock
>>
>> Then from the nagios server defining a service to call this:
>>
>> check_command check_nrpe!check_clamd
>
> Perfect, thanks. I should have realized there would be a check_clamd
> plugin (from nagios-plugins-tcp-1.4.15-4.fc15.x86_64 in my case).

I should add that in my specific case, I used the following:

command[check_procs_clamd]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_clamd -H
/var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock

This failed with permission denied because /var/spool/amavisd was
inaccessible to user nagios.

I've changed the permissions to 711 so user nagios can access the
directory which is owned by user amavis. Is this correct, or is it
preferrable to add user nagios to the amavis group, or somehow run
check_clamd as user amavis?

Thanks again,
Alex