About new release for Nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Oct 17 14:00:20 CEST 2011

On 10/17/2011 11:10 AM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Fournier, Wim wrote:
>> On 10/17/11 9:31 AM, "Michael Friedrich"<michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> 3.2.3 is considered stable, 3.3.x is a developer release tree and
>> Are you sure? 3.3.1 is marked as the latest stable on
>> http://nagios.org/download/core/thanks/?registered=1 and 3.2.3 as the
>> previous stable.
>
> oh. i wasn't aware of that change, thanks for the pointer. well if they
> say so. i've encountered and fixed various bugs on my 3.3.1 github tree,
> so i don't consider it stable as it should be.
> anyhow, as stated before, that's nagios devs' decision not mine ;-)

All non-trivial programs have bugs. How many have you fixed in Icinga
that were shipped in "stable" releases? The ones reported for Nagios have
all been fairly "safe" in that they're small or one-time leaks, exist in
code not normally exercised (recently added features without ui support),
changes in behaviour that might as well have been misdocumented in the
first place or only triggered by certain combinations of eventbroker
modules.

And yes, 3.3.1 is the latest stable. I'm not aware of any bugs in it,
apart from the potential one that Dorian sent me a patch for a few weeks
ago that I still haven't had time to review and test properly, so it's a
bug in potentia, but not actually verified.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.