Problems with scheduling

maillists0 at gmail.com maillists0 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 22:23:48 CEST 2011

Just built 3.3.1 on CentOS 5.6. Configured a single host for testing
with nrpe, everything looked good. Stopped nrpe on the client and got
the expected emails.

The problem is that when I enabled nrpe on the client, the server
continued to send me alerts and the web ui says that the service was
recently checked, but there is nothing in the log. The checks aren't
in fact happening but the server seems to think they have and keeps
reporting the service as down.  I replicated this behavior with the
default checks against localhost on the server.

I've restarted nagios several times and confirmed that there aren't
any processes hanging around. I'm using flat files for configuration,
no database. I immediately thought it was my configuration, but I
don't immediately see anything wrong and also don't understand what I
could have done to cause Nagios to think that it has run checks that
didn't actually occur. What might have I done wrong? I've used Nagios
in the past and don't remember ever having this problem. Any help at
all is appreciated.

Here's the running config,  from status.dat:

servicestatus {
	host_name=mytestmachine
	service_description=Users
	modified_attributes=0
	check_command=check_nrpe!!check_users
	check_period=24x7
	notification_period=24x7
	check_interval=1.000000
	retry_interval=1.000000
	event_handler=
	has_been_checked=1
	should_be_scheduled=1
	check_execution_time=0.026
	check_latency=0.213
	check_type=0
	current_state=2
	last_hard_state=2
	last_event_id=0
	current_event_id=28
	current_problem_id=9
	last_problem_id=0
	current_attempt=10
	max_attempts=10
	state_type=1
	last_state_change=1318789732
	last_hard_state_change=1318790272
	last_time_ok=1318789672
	last_time_warning=0
	last_time_unknown=0
	last_time_critical=1318795508
	plugin_output=Connection refused by host
	long_plugin_output=
	performance_data=
	last_check=1318795508
	next_check=1318795568