Service/host escalation doesn't work for service/host groups

Fournier, Wim wfournier at comscore.com
Fri Oct 14 10:09:15 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I a have a config of 250 hosts and 1800 services. I have setup a hostgroup
and servicegroup that contain all (using host/servicegroups statement in
each host/service definition). For these 2 groups I have configured an
escalation for 2+ alerts, but it doesn¹t seem to work... I get no notifs
after my first.

The reason for doing this is that our management wants us to send messages
out to the 'other on call' person if the main doesn't respond in 30
minutes.

Some config:
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name                  all
        alias                           All hosts
}

define hostescalation {
        hostgroup_name                  all
        contact_groups                  SNM-oncall,TAA-oncall
        first_notification              2
        last_notification               0
        notification_interval           30
}

Does anyone have a clue why this doesn't work?

--

Wim Fournier