nagios3 on debian weetzy

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 14:29:33 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Niels Jende <nielsjende at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi there @ nagios-ML!
>
> I am new to nagios and I hope that you don't mind me having some basic
> questions.
>
> So, as the topic already says I am running a debian weetzy system and
> used apt-get to install nagios on that particular machine. The
> installation went, as supposed, fairly smooth and nagios is running on
> my local machine. Now, I want to monitor our SAN which is a MSA2312
> for which I found that addon:
>
> http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Hardware/Storage-Systems/SAN-and-NAS/Check-HP-MSA-%28Modular-Smart-Array%29-sensors/details
> In the Readme file it says, that their should be a directory
> /usr/home/nagios/ which isn't there. And now I don't know whether I
> have to create the directory or if I should leave the nagios
> installation as it is, cause it is running.

Extra Plugins are normally stored in the same directory as the (default)
NRPE plugins.
Im not sure where that is in the default install for Debian but in general
the $USER1$ variable will point to the plugins directory. $USER1$ is
normally set in the resource.cfg file in your nagios config directory.

I am being vague because Nagios is very flexible and can be set up in lots
of diffrent ways but hopefuly this helps.

Ritchie
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->