nagios3 on debian weetzy

Niels Jende nielsjende at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:49:05 CET 2011

Hi there @ nagios-ML!

I am new to nagios and I hope that you don't mind me having some basic
questions.

So, as the topic already says I am running a debian weetzy system and
used apt-get to install nagios on that particular machine. The
installation went, as supposed, fairly smooth and nagios is running on
my local machine. Now, I want to monitor our SAN which is a MSA2312
for which I found that addon:
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Hardware/Storage-Systems/SAN-and-NAS/Check-HP-MSA-%28Modular-Smart-Array%29-sensors/details
In the Readme file it says, that their should be a directory
/usr/home/nagios/ which isn't there. And now I don't know whether I
have to create the directory or if I should leave the nagios
installation as it is, cause it is running.

If you recommend me leaving the installation as it is, in which
directory do I have to install the above mentioned addon for the SAN?

I hope none of you minds my question and I highly appreciate any help
to get my SAN monitored!

Thanks and regards
Niels