e-mail notifications not being sent

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Nov 21 22:17:20 CET 2011

Hi there --

I checked the nagios.log file, and the problem was due to the mail binary not
being at the /bin folder. I created a symbolic link
at that location to point to the /usr/bin/mail binary. Once that was done,
notifications were sent to the recipient.

As a follow-up, the address of the Nagios server is shown to be
nagios at localdomain. I would like to change that to reflect the
name of the server. What file(s) do I need to modify in order to make that
happen?

Thanks.

________________________________

From: Claudio Kuenzler [mailto:ck at claudiokuenzler.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:25 PM
To: Nagios Users List
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] e-mail notifications not being sent

Maybe you have to replace the mail program by something on your system, e.g.
/usr/bin/mailx.
That's always one of the first things I change in a new Nagios installation.
What OS are you using? Try to install the required programs (mail/mailx...) if
they can't be found in your system.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN at partners.org>